Ahh...breathing! We take it for granted most of the time. Nothing evokes the joy of breathing better than a view of the ocean from a sunny beach. Sometimes, the air we breathe on a daily basis isn't exactly of the purest variety, and there are times when we feel sluggish and wonder why. OXYGEN THERAPY is incredible for you and can be a major reason for feeling better; whether it's taken to start your day or after you've just finished a grueling one.
THAT is precisely why we've added it to our services at Pressure Point Massage Therapy.
Interesting Facts About Oxygen
Did you know that less than 200 years ago the Earth's atmosphere was comprised of 40% OXYGEN? Today when we breathe we're only taking in 21%
Lack of OXYGEN in our universe is due to pollution, burning of fossil fuels and what is becoming the overall destruction of the ozone layer.
Every single day humans breathe a total of 20,000 times!
Research has demonstrated that our vital lung capacity decreases 5% with every decade of life. This lung elasticity as it is called means less OXYGEN.
Blood is the liquid carrier of OXYGEN that fuels all systems, stimulates chemical reactions and cleans itself of wastes and toxins.
By mass,Oxygen makes up 90% of the water molecule; water makes up 65-75% of the human body.
By mass,Oxygen makes up 90% of the water molecule; water makes up 65-75% of the human body. The brain, which makes up 2% of our total mass, requires 20% of the body's OXYGEN needs.
Almost all cancerous beginnings are due to lack of cell OXYGENATION.
Cancer attacks every organ in our body, except the heart because of its abnormal supply of OXYGEN.
Now that you know a little more about OXYGEN in general, read just a bit further to learn...
WHY WE ARE SUCH BELIEVERS IN OXYGEN THERAPY
- OXYGEN heightens concentration. alertness and memory
- 90% of our energy comes from OXYGEN and only 10% from food and water, believe it or not!
- OXYGEN is vital to the immune system, memory, thinking and sight
- OXYGEN promotes healing and counters aging
- OXYGEN strengthens your heart and reduces the risk of heart attacks
- OXYGEN also calms your mind and stabilizes your nervous system
- OXYGEN speeds up the body's recovery after physical exertion
- OXYGEN provides a natural remedy for headaches, migraines and hangovers.
- OXYGEN relieves temporary altitude discomfort.
- OXYGEN improves digestion and cell metabolism.
- OXYGEN relieves muscle stiffness and supports pre-athletic performances which goes hand in hand with the benefits of massage thereapy that we administer
- Finally, OXYGEN lessens Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and promotes better sleep patterns.
And the Top 3 Reasons We're So Excited About OXYGEN THERAPY:
It's totally RELAXING!
It's wonderfully EXHILARATING!
And it's incredibly REFRESHING!